Files downloaded from the Internet using Ares P2P may contain legal pornographic material or could contain criminally obscene content such as child pornography. These files may be mislabeled with seemingly innocent names. Redistributing such files can be a crime.|
How can I avoid exposure to such files?
- Do not download Video or Image files.
| Video file icon|
| Image file icon|
- Do not use Generic Media Search
Always use specific type of file search. eg: use Audio search when searching for audio files, Document Search when searching for documents and so on...
|Audio Search|| |
- Get Image and Video files only from trusted users (eg: your buddies in chatrooms)
- If you downloaded objectionable content, delete it from your library.
| Select file to be deleted and hit Delete File button|
|Click Yes when prompted for confirmation|
- If you find criminally obscene content, immediately report it to authorities.
Top of the
Page | Back to Risks of p2p